There are also many schemes for council and housing association tenants around the country. If you’re a council tenant in England, Wales and Northern Ireland, you could buy your home at a discount through the Government’s Right to Buy scheme. It offers a potential discount of more than £100,000 on the value of your property. You’ll need to have lived in a council property for at least five years to be eligible for Right to Buy.

Alternatively, if you are a housing association tenant, you could have the option to purchase your home through Right to Acquire scheme. You can only apply to purchase your housing association property if you have had a public sector landlord for three years.

If you’re lucky enough to have access to properties in your area under S106 (Section 106) you might decide the ‘discount purchase price’ option is right for you, or maybe the ‘Equity Share’ and ‘Shared Ownership’ options would work better!

And don’t forget the house builders and developers, they sometimes offer incentives for first-time home buyers, such as covering Stamp Duty, legal fees paid, deposit assistance, deposit paid and options and extras included.

Now if all the above seems a little overwhelming, don’t worry! Just give us a call and one of our independent consultants will review the options available in your area and explain how they work for you.

Request Callback